Wednesday, 13 May 2020 from 12:00 to 13:30
The connections you build in these times of social distancing and home-working can be vital in getting you through this current ordeal. Now is the time to reach out and connect with your peers.
Our virtual lunch hour provides a forum for people professionals to get together, discuss current hot topics, share best practice, challenges and support each other. It’s an excellent opportunity to connect with people professionals from different sectors and areas of specialism across the North West.
We’ll provide you with an opportunity to network and chat with all participants and in smaller groups (break-out rooms) based on the topics raised. We’ll also use a variety of ways to help you interact and connect. Don’t worry if this is new to you we will send out guidance in advance.
Virtual Lunch Hour is a highly participative and interactive session where you set the agenda. We encourage open discussion in a confidential setting and do not record the session. To get the meeting started, we’ll be discussing:
- What’s worked well for you recently
- what’s been challenging
- what’s been your most significant and unexpected learning
We will be using Zoom for this event. Once registered, you’ll receive an email with the meeting link, ID and password. We recommend you connect about 10 minutes before the start, giving you time to test and adjust your audio and video settings.
How to join a Zoom meeting
- Click on the meeting invite URL
- Open the Zoom app.
- Approve the request for permission to use your computer’s audio and video
- You will be taken to the meeting’s waiting room until the host starts the meeting.
- Once the session starts, click Gallery View in the top right corner of your screen to view all participants in grid view.
CIPD Manchester Branch facilitators
- Paul Hamlin
- Liz Needham
- Emma Smart
- Adele Thorley