Every year thousands of CIPD members volunteer to help the Institute champion better work and working lives. From organising local branch events, to supporting job seekers transition from education to meaningful employment, and governing the organisation, there are many ways CIPD members can make a positive difference for the benefit of people, organisations and society.
Volunteering with CIPD Manchester
Raise your professional profile
If you aspire, one day, to stand for election to our committee, becoming an ambassador is your first step. Ambassadors are volunteers who work alongside our branch committee, supporting our work and that of the CIPD throughout Greater Manchester.
Ambassadors represent a diverse team at various stages in their professional journey, they provide insight and advice to committee members by contributing to special projects and working in small groups. Ambassadors also play an important role in assisting committee members in the planning, organisation, delivery and facilitation of our events and other activities.
Becoming an ambassador has many benefits. Not only does it provide an opportunity to promote good practice and actively contribute to shaping the profession (and our branch) it’s also a great way to raise your professional profile and give back to the profession – as well as being part of a great team!
The more you put in, the more you get out!
- Develop new skills
- Form new connections through our events, activities and networking
- Work on strategic and creative branch projects
- Attend in-house development days
- Enjoy social gatherings
- Contribute to planning and running social media campaigns
- Live Tweet during events
- Blog for our branch on subjects that matter to you
- Help to curate important events
The minimum requirements for becoming an Ambassador are:
- Current CIPD or CIPD Student Membership
- Resident in one of Greater Manchester’s 10 local authorities
- Availability at lunchtimes and early evenings
- Ability to collaborate remotely (Zoom / MS Teams)
- Support face to face events in central Manchester (mostly early evenings from 2022)
Meet our current branch ambassadors
Hear from some of our Ambassadors past and present
How to apply
Ambassador roles are limited in number and highly sought-after. If you are interested in joining our team of Ambassadors, meet the minimum requirements, demonstrate the CIPD values, and are highly motivated with availability (more often than not in the early evening), please complete our online expression of interest form. We’ll acknowledge receipt and advise you of any current or future vacancies.
We look forward to hearing from you!