We are a 16+ person diverse committee of varying ages, levels and areas of expertise. We work hard to develop and produce an events programme to meet the professional needs of the CIPD’s Manchester area members.
We sending out a regular newsletter, keeping our membership and subscibers up to date on news and events. We aim to address key issues through campaigning and engaging our members via all our channels.
We are committed to promoting the profession, providing learning opportunities, CPD and careers support, contributing insight on, and providing engagement with, local enterprise partners, the local community, labour market, and representing our area membership. Lastly, we aim to influence the Institute’s policy on local, national and international issues.
We organise many events throughout the year together with a number of joint events in collaboration with the Alliance Manchester Business School, Manchester Metropolitan University, Business School Acas North West and the Manchester Industrial Relations Society, to name but a few.
Meet our committee
Our branch volunteers make better work, and working lives a reality at a local level. They give their time to put ideas into practice, bringing our members together and making our voice heard in our communities. Our volunteers’ feedback and ideas guide the CIPD in providing better, more relevant services at a local level.
Special Interest Groups
A career in HR, L&D or OD encompasses a huge variety of roles in every type of business and industry, and we’re here to help you build the connections you need and provide a place where you can share experiences.
Our special interest groups exist to meet and support your continuing professional development needs and your ability to create a real and positive impact in the workplace.
- Business HR (independent HR consultants),
- Employment Law/Mock Tribunals (recent legislative changes and case law developments)
- Fellow’s Group (debate and discussion on key strategic topics).
- HR Issues Forum (latest research and its impact on HR practice)
- Learning and Development (pioneering new ways of learning),
- Organisational Development (leadership, group dynamics and work design)
- Public Policy Panel (consultations and changes in government policy),
- Solo HR Practitioners (stand-alone HR professionals)
- Student Group (careers advice, research, communication & dissertation skills)
- Wellbeing Group (optimising wellbeing programme strategies)
Branch Ambassadors comprise CIPD members who have expressed an interest in local CIPD affairs and would like to contribute to our branch and its activities. Without the support of our Ambassadors we’d be lost!
Advantages of becoming an ambassador include:
- involvement in branch consultations on public policy issues
- assisting event organisers in delivering a programme of events
- attending at least two committee meetings by prior arrangement
- invitations to branch development days
- speed networking with committee members
- learning new skills
- growing your network
We have 20 branch Ambassadors actively supporting us throughout the year. Ambassador roles are held for 12 months or until the end of the branch year (July).
All ambassadors reapply on a yearly basis to confirm their wish to remain as an Ambassador.
If you are interested in becoming an ambassador, please contact Samantha to request an expression of interest form. We will add you to our waiting list if we have no current vacancies and will contact you should a role become available. We hold personal information for a period of 12 months.
Programme of activities 2019
Our digital programme of events includes details of events, special interest groups and local and regional conferences. Hear from our Chair and Treasurer and learn more about CIPD membership and the paths to upgrading.
We are the largest CIPD branch in the world, and proud to play our part in the continued growth and success of our branch. Attending our events gives you the opportunity to chat with influential speakers and representatives from key organisations and establishments across the north-west, connect with the wider CIPD community across Manchester and add to your CPD.
We recommend you bookmark our programme for easy consultation direct from your laptop or mobile device, wherever you are. You can also visit our bookings page directly to browse all forthcoming events.
We looking forward to seeing you!
CIPD Manchester Branch